Europa-List: Re: Baltics and THREE Rallies Tour

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Baltics and THREE Rallies Tour
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:20:21

Bob, Well done for all the effort the two of you have clearly put in. The
route sounds pretty good to me although the notion of getting to Southend at
6.00am makes the mind boggle a tad! Ideally we in G-XSDJ would like 20L of
lead free mogas to top up.
          In case you haven't been using the same source.the Popular Flying
article from March 2000 gave info as below for the Baltic states when they
were asked whether Permit A/C were allowed in without special permission:
 Estonia - Estonian CAA, Pamu Road 6, 10148 Talinn, Estonia, Fax 00372 631
3688,
                 Email ecaa@trenet.ee
                 response time 2/52. Permission needed but would be granted
on receipt of details
Latvia - CAA, Airport Riga, LV-1053, Latvia. Fax 00371 7207122
               Response time 7/52 The Authority hereby granted permission
---From such a date
               (without receiving full details)
Lithuania - Directorate of Civil Aviation, Rodunios Kellas 2, LT-2023
Vilnius, Lithuania.
               Fax 00370 2739161
                Same response as Latvia Response time 4/52
Poland - Civil Avn Dept, ul. T. Chalubinskiego 4, 00-928 Warsawa, Poland
               Fax 0048 22 6296378
               Response time 3.5/52 same response + reminder flight plan
needed  + prior notification
               of which airports to be used
Hope this helps! Regards, David
             Address: Stone Mill, Woodford, Berkeley, Glos., GL13 9JU
              Tel 01454 260542