RE: Europa-List: N-reg Europa visiting the UK?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: N-reg Europa visiting the UK?
From: Jeremy Davey <EuropaFlyer3@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:24:34

Hi, Paul,

Quite simply because the ICAO rules on flying a foreign-registered plane
only apply to Certified ships. N-reg Experimental ships are allowed here on
a case-by-case basis for short periods - usually as part of a transatlantic
trip, round-the-world trip or, as in Norbert's case, until its Permit is
granted.

Similarly, to fly a G-reg Permit ship in the US, we need a waiver from the
FAA.

An observation of interest: it is often much easier to convert a Permit to
an Experimental than vice-versa, as our rules are much, much stricter (as
I'm sure you know from your time on this list)! Indeed, PFA Engineering warn
folks off buying a foreign plane without working closely with them as it may
not even be possible to get it on a Permit.

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
Europa Club Vice-Chairman, Webmaster, PFA NC Representative
PFA EC Member
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then it is
possible you haven't grasped the severity of the situation.
Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
1320 build hours to date
Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms