Europa-List: Carb balancing - Differential presure gauage ?

Subject: Europa-List: Carb balancing - Differential presure gauage ?
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:13:07

Hi All,

I was pondering this exercise over the weekend.  I have the gauges supplied by
Lockwood and I assume that this is what is recommended by Rotax. They don't work
that great and several people have been having more success with manifold gauges
---From twin engine aircraft that have 2 needles sitting on top of each other.

I was wondering if this could be done with a single gauge that has a center zero
and maybe 5 ~ 10 psi either side.  I haven't tired to locate such a gauge but
I shouldn't think it would be too hard to find one.

Anyone have any thought on the practicality of this idea.

Paul