Re: Europa-List: Flap Indicator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap Indicator
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 08:55:47

Thanks Bob,
I found a suitable way to mount the transducer. Mine travels  like a
dial hand on a clock with the pivot point being the transducer. The
transducer itself is round so I mounted it with a 1 1/2 inch hose clamp
that I connected to a 2 inch square of scrap firewall-wall material.
This I floxed onto the floor under the flap arm. The dial or arm coming
---From the transducer comes up about 6 inches and lays into a slot I made
of a piece of aluminum that is clamped to the flap arm. After several
attempts to get it to align with indicator markings of 10 20 & 30
degrees it works perfect. I just didn't want that awful looking sticker
on my wing. Nor did I want to paint lines there. The indicator and
transducer are in my opinion very over priced but it looks a lot
better. Thanks very much for your response.
Best Regards,
Jeff
A258
Finding more & more & more things to do before paint.