Re: Europa-List: Jabiru 3300 Engine option

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Jabiru 3300 Engine option
From: ACJARVIS1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:45:02

Being at heart a glider pilot, when I started on this homebuild lark I  had
naively thought one's problems were just about over when the  airframe was
built . I imagined you just bolt in the engine, probably a Rotax, connect the
fuel

and some wires, and the rest just happened.  I now have  a sneaking feeling
it's not that simple....

 Reading all the technical snags people are running into makes me wonder. I
know for a fact that if snags are out there, I will get the lot.

At least I have the luxury of  time before I have to send someone another
huge sum of money  (for the engine that is- and maybe this time I'll get the
goods I paid for.) But now a new dilemma- should the money go to Austria or
Australia?

 My point is , no doubt many builders would be very interested in a nicely
cowled Jabiru option; but would it be a better choice than the Rotax? if so ,
will it be easier to fit, more reliable, more economical, etc etc?  Obviously
the hiatus in Kirkbymoorside offers Jabiru an ideal chance to come up with a
brand new firewall- forward package, but ....how does one decide which engine to

buy?    And then what about these diesels? Heavy and smelly but so much
simpler...so ,sell me an engine,  Andy at Suncoast Sportplanes!

Andrew Jarvis 599 [wingless wonder]