Re: Europa-List: Fuel drain modification?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel drain modification?
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:51:09

Hi! Nigel/All.
I accept your philosophy but your gascolator can not see in the tank nor can
you. Have you a locking filler cap? what if someone should have a grudge one
day  and slop a litre of water into the tank.....what if by some quirk you
happen to do the same in a mistaken can situation when your water trap
funnel happens to be elsewhere?
You are straight into a major major operation to flush out the entire tank
contents when the water drain could rid you of the problem to fly
immediately in confidence that the gascolator would take care of the small
amount left.
The water drains are a way of "looking" into the tank as well as the
capability to remove water contamination.
Hope you see my point.  I've had one scare over contamination and I thought
I was careful too.
Regards
Bob Harrison.