Re: Europa-List: 912S Kick Back

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 912S Kick Back
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 05:32:26

> Kingsley,
>
> All the switch will do is engage the starter and provide power for the
> trim.  In the case of runaway trim, I can simply turn the switch off and
> the power to the trim will cease.  The mags will be on a separate
> circuit and would be unaffected by the switch...

The mags do not need ANY connection to the battery. They are independent.

IF you could hand swing it (and that is IF) the Rotax would start without a
battery connected if the mag switches were on.

I know there is uncertainty about hand swinging. In theory it can't be done
- in practise it seems that it HAS been done.

In the case of my Rotax - at the moment it wouldn't start - period :-(

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, High Cross
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)