RE: Europa-List: aileron closeout question

Subject: RE: Europa-List: aileron closeout question
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 19:09:27

If the distance from the bolt (and bearing) to the hinge pin is not the same
on both ailerons, they will deflect different amounts, even though they are
perfectly equal at neutral. Its one of those lever arm math kind of things
that a mechanical engineer could, unlike me, explain well. Imagine if the
two were way different and you'll probably see it.

Kevin