Re: Europa-List: Rotax Regulator Wiring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax Regulator Wiring
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 22:53:19

Richard Holder wrote:
> ...I know that if a temperature sender is disconnected the
> gauge reads low scale. I know that if the temp sender wire is
> shorted to earth the gauge reads high scale.

I can't help on your problem, but don't compare behavior of the pressure
and temperature senders, with disconnected or grounded wires.  On the
temp sender, one side of its resistive sensing element is grounded inside
the sender.  On the pressure sender, both sides of the resistor are available.

What this means is that the circuitry inside the display instrument will be
entirely different.  For starters, temp sender: higher resistance -> lower
reading and it's nonlinear.  Pressure sender is the opposite, and linear.

Regards,
Fred F.