Re: Europa-List: XSAileron clearance upper close out flange

Subject: Re: Europa-List: XSAileron clearance upper close out flange
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 10:55:06

on 5/1/04 10:13 AM, EuropaXSA276@aol.com at EuropaXSA276@aol.com wrote:

Brad,
Friction is acceptable at this stage. I too struggled with the clearance of
the aileron. So Nev told me about a better way when closeout time comes. I
don't remember the whole thing but you should find it in the archives.
Anyway he said to trim away about a 1/2" from the flange and don't worry
about clearance until you close out the wing. I wish I had not quite taken
off the full 1/2" but it worked out well. Instead of using the sticks get
some linoleum and cut it into 5" or so wide aileron length strips. This goes
for the flaps as well. The linoleum makes a perfect spacer as well as
protects the flaps and ailerons from any of the sticky stuff. Plus it
releases from the re-dux very well. After you bond the top on you just pull
it out and sand the trailing edge of the skin (now with the flange bonded to
it) back until you have the clearance needed. As I said you may want to look
for the Neville archive version. This was about a year ago or so.
Good luck and best regards,
Jeff
A258 Tri-Gear
Airframe built, engine installed, working on the perfect cowling & spinner
fit. Still getting ready to order electronics. So many choices