Re: Europa-List: fuel line fixing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuel line fixing
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:58:07

Mike wrote:

> Found some marvellous fixings for the fuel tubing yesterday at B&Q's
> i.e. Home Depot) - twin plastic 12mm pipe clamps with a central
> securing screw hole.  I roughened them up and reduxed them to the
> floor of the tunnel but they could be bolted in.

They may have to bolted, if they don't pass a "yank" test after a couple
weeks cure.  Always has seemed to me that it's an odd plastic which will
permanently stick to epoxy.  Alternatively, the adhesive foam-backed version
of these type clamps can be affixed by first plopping down a little puddle of
wettish flox, covered by a piece of stiff, clear plastic like the stuff used
for retail packaging.  After cure, there remains a flat, glossy
surface, and the adhesive foam will definitely adhere.

Regards,
Fred F.