Re: Europa-List: Cockpit module installation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cockpit module installation
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:03:19

Hi all,

For what its worth, if I was doing this over again I would research
alternative methods to pulling in the module than screws.  I did hear
mention on an idea once where people suspended the lower half and used
weights on the cockpit module.  I don't know how successful this was but
what I found that the filling and sanding of the holes was not a trivial
exercise.

The problem is several areas of the fuselage where I used sheet metal screws
were compound curves and the screw actually pulled the area flat.  When it
came time for me to fill this I it took quite sometime to try and get the
shape correct and I had many spots like this to fix.

Paul