Re: Europa-List: Empty weight/XS,Turbo,Tri-gear,IFR equipped ?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Empty weight/XS,Turbo,Tri-gear,IFR equipped ?
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 02:55:27

> Um, Fred, you missed the obvious.  The ideal weight for a slightly
 > above average (by North American standards) height, medium build, man
 > is 160 lb and the comparable woman is 134 lb, so unless we have two
 > taller than average people, there's about 46 extra pounds sitting
 > in the seats.  There isn't enough room in the panel for 46 lb of
 > avionics!!

 > Best regards,
 > Rob Housman

If so, his wife maybe should have no access to his posts, but I do have some
concrete-filled
avionics on the shelf that'll fit and whack away at that 46 pounds!
And it now looks like ILS, VOR/comm, GPS map/comm, xponder, marker, traffic
detector, audio panel, gyros, AofA, backup ASI to MicroEncoder, stupid ELT
remote thing, one eyeball vent, and I'll still have room for 2 3-1/8" whatever
(stock panel).

I just took the inquirer's #'s at face (+ he forgot the weight of the aux tank)
so about 820# empty for a tri-gear.  On the published list, only one that's near
sales brochure weight is suspiciously under - may have just a "cat and a duck"
for instrumentation, if you've heard that one before, or see:

http://www.forpilots.com/archive/rec.aviation.piloting/21/msg21660.htm

which could add that cats have very sensitive hearing, able to hear collapsing
tappets, so no engine instruments needed.

Reg,
Fred F.