RE: Europa-List: RE: Conduit Positioning

Subject: RE: Europa-List: RE: Conduit Positioning
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:58:27
below

Steve:

The reason why the center vertical is chosen is because it is where the
neutral axis of the rib is.  If the rib is exposed to a bending moment the
stress is the least toward the center and the most at the extreme edge.
That is why I beams have most of the material on the top and bottom and
mimimal in the web area.

Steve
A143
Mesa AZ