RE: Europa-List: Brake shims ??

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Brake shims ??
From: Neville Eyre <neville@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:25:23

 Hi All,
 Uneven brake pad wear can be reduced by gently countersinking the two locating
holes in the pad plate [ on both sides ]. What seems to happen is once the
uneven
wear starts, the pad stops sliding on the pins, and is forced over even further.
The plate ''grabs'' the pins [ as on a cartridge sealant gun]. If the
holes are gently countersunk, and the pad pins lubricated with a little
coppaslip
[ or similar] the pad plate will move and not cockle over.
I also read Peter Waugh's diatribe in the March 2004 Europa Flyer, and I would
be interested for Peter to explain to me what the ''brake shims'' are ?!
Cheers,
Nev.