Europa-List: Tailwheel Attachment Ply

Subject: Europa-List: Tailwheel Attachment Ply
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:07:33

Gidday,
I am confused by the longitudinal width of the ply inserts being determined
as 40 mm, and yet a side elevation has a conical stack? This would imply
that they are as long as they are wide. So, do I build it up so that the
cloth goes through steeper and steeper transitions to cover each and every
piece of ply, or would it be better to make it more gradual, such as in the
conical side elevation. I also figured if I went conical, well I could bury
a nut for an invisible tie down point, and have the eyelet bolt attached to
my restraint rope, rather than have something hang down in the breeze. Any
ideas on this one???

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia

Classic 236  B.B. Taildragger (possibly convertible)
Tail, Wings, Ailerons, Flaps Complete and Connected
Lower Fuse in Jig, Tail Torque Tube installed
Mass Balance assembly installed and deflections sorted
Intended Engine: 912S or a "turboed single rotor rotary, when I am dreaming"
Instrumentation: Undecided