Re: Europa-List: Flap Travel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap Travel
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 18:02:20

In a message dated 1/2/2004 5:37:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
astills785@earthlink.net writes:

> Another question I have for the tri-gear builders has to do with the amount
> of travel in the flaps. I attached my electric flap acutator this last
> weekend and found I only have 24.5 Deg of travel. Is this normal or does
> someone

> have a idea on how to get to  30 Deg?

I was able to get a full 30 degrees out of mine, although the clearance on
the pitch push/pull tube and the bolt holding the actuator on the drive tube is

close. Full up the flap drive tube is right at the back of the CM. Full down
on the acutator puts the flaps a little over 30 degrees down. What's stopping
you from going 30 degrees down? Maybe the actuator isn't mounted in the right
place or the travel isn't enough? I can check the travel on my actuator and we

can compare if you want.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN