Re: Europa-List: Engine mount & offset concern.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Engine mount & offset concern.
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:13:17

"Jeff Roberts" wrote:
> After further review it appears ACS sent me AN5-40's instead of -41's.
This
> is obviously why I don't have room for the 4 washers under the bolt & nut
> heads. Does anyone see any reason to remove these and order the longer
ones
> just to have a place to store washers, or is there another reason for
> putting the 4 washers there?

Jeff,
With my Classic I was originally supplied with 42mm long spacers and AN5-41
bolts.  Europa have since changed these dimensions to 46mm spacers and
AN5-42 bolts, the reason being to compress the rubber mounts less in order
to allow a little more engine vibration dampening.

I suggest it would probably be best to measure your spacers and fit the
corresponding bolt.  As far as the number of washers is concerned, I imagine
the minimum required to obtain the desired offset of the engine would be the
way to go but I would check with John Hurst or Nev Eyre at Europa to be sure
if I were you.

Regards and Best Wishes to All for the Festive Season

Kingsley Hurst
Mono Classic 281 in Oz.