Europa-List: Engine mount & offset concern.

Subject: Europa-List: Engine mount & offset concern.
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:14:21

I Just hung the engine yesterday and used 2 of the AN960-516 washers in the
starboard side mounts to achieve the required 1.5 degrees offset. The plans
call for at least 4 washers under each bolt. If I did this I wouldnt have
room to screw the nut on. Then it asks us to place any remaining washers
immediately under the nut. Once again if I did this I wouldnt have room to
get the nut on. All the MTO4 rubber mounts have been fully compressed onto
the spacers. Am I missing something here or perhaps the four AN5-41 mounting
bolts I ordered through ACS were shorter than the original ones that Europa
uses.
Any way the engine is on and its setting at the 1.5 degree offset. The
holes for the split pin appear to be just perfect with respect to the
castellated nut and I only used 2 washers between the starboard landing gear
frame and the cup washer. For those that have gone before, am I OK here?

Thanks in advance!
Jeff Tri gear A258

PS. For those that inquired, the firewall-insulating mat sold through Wicks
at $6.33 per foot worked well and it only took 8 feet of the 24" wide sheet.