Europa-List: Cowl Flap

Subject: Europa-List: Cowl Flap
From: beecho@beecho.org
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 05:17:40

I too have made a cowl flap although it is for a Jabiru 3300 and Jab
cowl.  The Bowden cable from the panel moves a lever/wheel that pushes
the flap down and a spring (from a rat trap) causes it to rise.  The
cable/lever do not need to be disconnected when removing the lower
cowling.  (I copied that idea from a Brit, sorry I don't remember the
name.)   Photos are available.

Tom Friedland, XS Mono N96V
beecho@beecho.org