RE: Europa-List: Cable & Quadrant Question

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Cable & Quadrant Question
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 18:47:06

Jeff:

I have installed a micro adjust vernier type single cable throttle on the
center console instead of using the long lever supplied by the kit. I built
up a hump on the center console to position the throttle knob at a good
position for my hand. This cable terminates on the front face of the
firewall parallel to it. A small piece of aluminum angle is configured to
bolt to the rigid threaded end of the cable.  Another hard point is added
to the front face of the firewall. This is also a piece of aluminum angle
that is drilled and tapped to accept the barrel adjusters for the outer
housings of the dual cables and acts as the stops for them. These dual
cables are from the kit and the swivel ends are bolted to the aluminum
angle that is hard mounted to the end of the single cable. This really
cleans up the underside of the console and gets the complicated adjustable
mechanism out where it is visible to adjust and inspect.  I copied this
configuration from something the guys over at Phoenix Composites did on a
Europa they are building.  Using this setup also avoids throttle creep from
the carb springs without having to rely on friction fittings.

Steve
A143, Mesa, AZ

--- Steve Hagar
--- hagargs@earthlink.net