Re: Europa-List: Pitot and Static

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Pitot and Static
From: Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:23:41

There are quite a few Europas around with instruments running on cockpit
static, mine included.
However, the point is (and as confirmed by other replies to this thread)
they have arrived at that situation by being individually proven to work as
well or better in that configuration. This had been achieved by fitting of
the official static system in the first place.

Although I suppose it could be part of the test flying regime to demonstrate
that a predetermined cockpit-static system was working accurately across a
wide range of airspeeds; just another variable for the first flight.

Duncan Mcf.