Re: Europa-List: Engine instrumentation confusion.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Engine instrumentation confusion.
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:05:50

Hi Jeff,

If you are one of those pilots who love to look at and admire  as many
instruments and electronic panels as possible, instead of concentrating
on the business of flying the airplane, then you should get a sixpack
of engine instruments. And there is no guarantee that you would
notice an overheating engine in time to avoid damage.

I use the EIS and it seems to work very well. You cannot ignore a big
flashing red light right in front of your nose, it is always in your
peripheral
vision. Scrolling through the five or so menus is not really a problem.
I have those buttons wired to the left/right buttons on my MAC control
column grip. The main parameters like rpm, oil temp and pressure are on
one menu. An installer who is familiar with all the instruments on the
market
told me that he far prefers the EIS to the Flydat. One reason is that it
displays oil pressure when you are just cranking the engine.

Karl