Europa-List: UK Weekday Fly In and Voucer Utilisation.

Subject: Europa-List: UK Weekday Fly In and Voucer Utilisation.
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:14:44
 HTML_WITH_BGCOLOR

Hi! All Interested Parties.
---From where I'm sat today (Tuesday 18th !) would have been a good day for
this weeks
Fly In. .....High Cloud Base 30 Klicks vis no problem.Of course that may
not be the situation elsewhere?
BUT the predictions for Wednesday or even Thursday look very poor. (Not changing
my plan yet however)
This seems to point to my case for a more spontaneous system of decision making.
Spontaneous decisions to "go for it " can only be effected by the organiser
making
a 'phone call to those who have previously declared an interest(and supplied
their 'phone numbers?) for the particular fly in, that to me is the only way
we can take advantage of the really good days as they happen which is the point
of this plan anyway.
Obviously what it means is that interested parties need to have decided that
FLYING
will take the priority on plans for that week. In my case I really don't
have any conflict of other interests such as golf, bowls etc.so I don't have the
"agony" of decision but I accept that others have a more varied life style.
I will be proposing this scheme at this weeks fly in ..... when it happens!
On past reflections I have watched really excellent flying days pass when the
weather
predictions have been as "though for another country" so what I would have
the plan encompass is to capitalise on such circumstances.
The other factor we need to examine is whether we are prepared to occasionally
have the Fly In get pushed into the forthcoming weekend OR do we want it to jump
forward into the following week ?
I would think that the plan "rolls on" even into a weekend then more of the
workaholics
can join in !
Comments from interested parties would be appreciated?

Just as an "aside" my Son returns from Stockholm to Stanstead for  0900 hours
Friday
so if our weekly event happens to get delayed 'til Friday I'll be flying
to collect him from North Weald at about 10.00 hours prior to flying to
Sandtoft,
unless anyone collects him on the way ?!

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG (This weeks Two Centre Fly In Organiser....
Sandtoft/Wickenby)
Home/Work 'phone No:- 01472 852498
Mobile 'phone No:-       07973 832741