Re: Europa-List: modification

Subject: Re: Europa-List: modification
From: Paul Boulet <possibletodo@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:09:40

Hi John;
Hope to welcome you to the ranks.  I live in Malibu and have been building for
3 years.  I lost my build partner just a few months after my kit arrived so a
lot of my work has been done by Phoenix Composites at a more than reasonable
price.
Rob Huntington is very free with advice if you want someone locally that's
available Monday thru Saturday.  Their number is 480-924-9750.  As far as
the tunnel goes it is indeed necessary for the structural rigidity.  Also,
600-800
hours is only reasonable if you've built before and are somewhat of an expert
with composites and aircraft building in general.  I have about 1200+ hours
into my build.  If you're close by I'd be glad to chat with you.  My plane
is at the stage where I need to get the FAA paperwork all in order (they sent
it back) so I can start test flying.

Paul Boulet N914PB

john butterfield <jdbutterfield@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

hello all:
I have been trying to decide which aircraft to build
and i am down to the europa and an RV model. All
things point to the europa as my final choice. I am
going to get the tri gear model.

i am wondering if it is possible to modify the cockpit
module so that the area which housed the mono wheel
can be changed so that more room will exist between
the seats. i read somewhere that it is part of the
sturcture and is required for total aircraft strength.

if anyone has any info on this matter i would be
grateful to hear it.

is 600-800 hours really reasonable to build one of
these beautiful machines?

best regards
john Butterfield
los angeles