Re: Europa-List: Zolatone

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Zolatone
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 14:22:51

> I have also considered the "Fleckstone" that can be bought a DIY
> stores but I read or heard it's not as durable or cost effective.
> Comments?
> Thanks.
> Troy Maynor N120EU Mono/Classic

Fleck Stone is certainly more cost effective, but it does stain readily.  Unless
you cover it with enough of a required clear coat which does not stain; raw
it smells like a latex, which we know from home fixup stains, if flat.  I find
it very durable, but how much durability and staining matters seemingly depends
upon where in the cockpit you're applying it.

Regards,
Fred F.