RE: Europa-List: Zolatone

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Zolatone
From: David DeFord <davedeford@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 23:19:02

> <wingnut54@charter.net>
>
> Hi All,
> I am planning to spray Zolatone on my interior and maybe in
> the future add some upholstery to parts of the inside. Some questions:
>
> Will an ordinary Campbell Hausfield sprayer nozzle be large
> enough? It is not a HVLP.
>
> If I decide to use a cement (similar to contact cement I
> suppose) to glue some carpet down will it disolve the paint
> underneath and come loose. If you have tried this let me know
> how it worked.

Troy,

We bought an inexpensive gun from Sears that converts between the common
siphon feed/external mix setup and the pressure feed/internal mix that is
recommended for Zolatone.  This worked out very well.  Zolatone is very
forgiving in terms of runs and re-coating, but the overspray goes a lot
farther than you might expect.

We have upholstery glued over the edges of the Zolatone in many places,
without any softening of the paint.  This stuff goes on easily, hides
everything it touches, and is very tough.

Dave DeFord
N135TD