Re: Europa-List: Door sill stiffness

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door sill stiffness
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:03:49

Hi Jeff,

          We heard various stories of problems with bulging doors and
installed screen door latches mid-door. After first flight, we found
no need to use the latches, the doors are fine without them.
I have heard that the factory may have stiffened the doors some
time after the earlier kits, but am not really sure.
     It is also possible that the relative cabin pressure determines whether
or not the doors are likely to bulge. On some planes (Kim Prout's classic,
for example) the air in the cabin is at higher pressure than the tail cone.
In our XS, the cabin pressure is lower than that in the tail cone.  It is
my understanding that Kim had bulging doors, and we have not.

regards,
Terry Seaver
A135 / N135TD