Re: Europa-List: Araldite 420 - (how much for cockpit module)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Araldite 420 - (how much for cockpit module)
From: Darren Turner <Darren.Turner@utas.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:33:37

Thanks to those who pointed me to Australian suppliers, I am following up
these leads.

A further question if I may.

Some people commented that the out of Araldite 420 was fine to use if it was
non-structural or if when tested it seems to stick fine.  Well our 420
expired last June so it is not that far out of date.  It looks okay and
seems to glue well and we have tested it on aluminium and fibreglass.  I am
looking for some more as we are close to bonding in the cockpit module which
I guess you could call a structural joint.  Also I am not sure we have
enough.  It talks about 800 grams in the manual, I think we have about 700
grams.

Can people tell me how much they needed?
And give me their opinion on using slightly out of date 420 on the cockpit
module bond?

Many thanks,
Darren Turner
Europa #351 Mono