Re: Europa-List: Over head lighting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Over head lighting
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 12:38:29

I definately want cabin lights in my Europa as I anticipate pre-dawn
departures and twilight arrivals to be routine flight operations for me when
the time comes.

Bob Berube has a nice lighting setup in his Europa. I failed to ask him where
he got it. Bob?

Another builder at Flight Crafters used the overhead console out of a Chevy
Blazer. It sports lights, sunglasses holder, and he even plumbed a couple of
eyeball vents into it off a tail mounted NACA scoop. The size looks like it
was made for the Europa.

The lights Licoln uses in their late model Towncar would really work well. It
combines two very bright independent spot lights and dome light, all locally
switched at the light and it is low profile. It appears to be lighter than
the "aircraft style" lights available from J C Whitney. If you can find one
of these in a wrecked Towncar it would be a sweet addition to a Europa.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN
A-245