RE: Europa-List: Tailplane issue?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tailplane issue?
From: Roger Mills <Roger.Mills@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:22:05

Paul,
I had a similar problem which I found to be due to slight mis-alignment
of the TP12? drive pins with the TP13? sockets - it doesn't take much to
produce the symptoms you describe. The fact that things tighten up in
the last 5mm is the clue!

Check the alignment of the pins by pushing some tightly fitting tube
over them and sighting against the toque tube and socket positions on
the tailplane. You may need to judiciously tweak the pin alignment and
ensure the TP13 sockets are greased properly - but, whatever, you should
not be using heavy handed forces in assembly or disassembly.

Roger Mills
G-BVUV