RE: Europa-List: Blue Mountain EFIS vs. Grand Rapids Technology Horizon

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Blue Mountain EFIS vs. Grand Rapids Technology Horizon
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 16:35:49

I bought grand rapids EIS after last years S&F. The staff answered my
questions so that even I could understand. They seem to have a pretty good
reputation among the homebuilding crowd. So now I am thinking about their
EFIS horizon. I am a VFR sometimes at night kind of pilot and am wondering
what else I might want include in the panel for flight inst. (backup) if
anything?
 My goal is to fly my Europa in late 2003. One thought I had is to put an
airspeed and altimeter in now and get the EFIS later. The old AS and ALT
could then become backups. Any thoughts?

Kevin, A211