Re: Digitrak / Digiflight

Subject: Re: Digitrak / Digiflight
From: Nick Hammond <Nick.Hammond@saabsystems.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:45:48
Quick summary:

EZ-Trim works a bit like cruise control in a car. It measures pressure height,
compares it to the demanded value (i.e. the value when the "set" button is
pressed
and closes "up" and "down" relays which can be connected to the MAC trim
servo to control elevator movement and thus maintain the demanded height. There
are a couple of buttons to add/subtract 50 feet from the demanded height to
allow fine adjustment.

The unit is controlled by a microprocessor (Basic Stamp variety) and uses a
Motorolla
absolute pressure sensor and a 12 bit analog to digital converter to measure
height. It is relatively simple and could be built by someone with a bit
of experience for around US$100.

I am planning to adapt Cliff's pressure sensor design as part of a more
comprehensive
system I am planning, based on a diifferent processor (Atmel Simmstick)
but this has to complete with Europa building so nothing is going to be
available
in the near future.

Best regards,

Nick