Instruments (again)

Subject: Instruments (again)
From: Richard <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:15:49
Still mulling over instruments & avionics and looking for more feedback from
some who have 'been there and done that'

Do I need to buy 'approved' instruments or are the non-approved (much
cheaper) satisfactory?

Any particular recommendations for GPS moving map?  Is colour a great
advantage, The colour skyforce 111C looks good but the B&W Skyforce 11 is
900 quid cheaper.   Anyone tried the new Garmin 196 yet?

What is the Microair transceiver like to use?  The display looks very small
to me. Would I be better off with a 'normal' VHF  with my aging eyes.
& what about the microair transponder.  I am told that it is not 'approved'
but is ok to fit & use. Any experience?

Richard Iddon (still adding up the numbers!)  G-RIXS