A dendum

Subject: A dendum
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 12:26:19
        On the tpoic of antennas, I neglected to reply to the second quote:
"I did this with my Bob Archer antennas and discovered a shortcoming on
theCOM which turned out to be a manufacturing defect. Bob has corrected
this.)"

            The advantage of the analyzer to measure planned antennas (and
their feedlines) is typical of the above. A lot of time can be saved by
discovering  a faulty position, or a  wrong dimension before the antenna is
fixed into position.
            Additionally, I remember that copper tape antennas should not be
entirely embedded in composite because of the temperature changes which
stress the tape. A lengthened dimension tears the tape in two, so intend to
avoid sticking it to the fuselage etc.
Cheers, Ferg