Re: Fwd: Remote GPS antenna

Subject: Re: Fwd: Remote GPS antenna
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:53:19
 11/06/2002 02:53:39 PM,
        Serialize by Notes Client on Ira Rampil/UHMC(Release 5.0.10 |March 22,
2002) at
 11/06/2002 02:53:39 PM,
        S/MIME Sign failed at 11/06/2002 02:53:39 PM: The cryptographic key was
not
 found,
        Serialize by Router on nmta.cc.sunysb.edu/DoIT(Release 5.0.11  |July 24,
2002) at
 11/06/2002 02:53:25 PM,

Hi All,

An active Garmin GPS antenna was included in my purchase of
a Blue Mountain EFIS/One at an extra cost of less than $50.

I am building it into the roof of the instrument module itself
as I see no particular reason to string it into the rear of the
fuselage.  Is there any evidence, or anecdote that the GPS
needs to be remote?  I have tested it with two stainless plates
approximating
my through the firewall access panels, but have not put the panel
with the antenna in the fuse yet.  As an aside,  I did mount the
digital magnetometer in cabin ceiling panel, about midway
between the door hinges.

Ira

Ira J. Rampil, M.S., M.D.
Professor of Anesthesiology and Neurological Surgery
Director of Clinical Research
University at Stony Brook
Stony Brook, New York  11794-8480

(631) 444-2975 voice