Re: 3300 or 912S

Subject: Re: 3300 or 912S
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:29:35
I hate the Rotax for a number of things; principally its high parts count
and high price.

But you cant knock the fact that it has actually proven itself to be very
reliable as an engine (less so due to installation factors, but that's not
the fault of the engine). The manufacturer appears to have been pretty open
about the problems it has had and the later products benefit from quite
abit of evolution. Some hightime microlights are claiming a life of 3000
hours.

The Rotax doesn't shake like a dog if properly set-up. Tailplane pins fail
in Jabiru-Europas too (but we won't go there)!

The Jabiru had not been without its problems, these have perhaps been less
public. Others can go into further detail because I wouldn't want to knock
it. Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice.

Duncan McFadyean

On Wednesday, June 19, 2002 10:43 PM, clevelee@cswebmail.com
[SMTP:clevelee@cswebmail.com] wrote:
> I just received, yesterday, my Jabiru firewall fwd kit. I am initially
very
> satisfied.  The 3300 Europa cowling is attractive, all the bits and
pieces seem
> to be there, including the engine mount which was quality control checked
(no
> finish).  The engine of course, is a machinist jewell.
>
> I'll review some of my soul searching.  The difference between the Jabiru
and
> Rotax goes directly to engine life, which stemmed from (obviously)
conscious
> design/ market considerations.  Jabiru seems to have wanted to minimize
JAR

<josephlike@cox.net>, who