Re: Tri-gear vs. Mono wheel debate

Subject: Re: Tri-gear vs. Mono wheel debate
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:36:03
Here's another vote for Tony. I typically fly a 46 Cessna 140 taildragger.
Several weeks ago I was out with a buddy in a 172. I returned home to windy
and stormy weather with the wind at 50 degrees to the runway at 20 kts
gusting to 28. There was much trepidation listening to the wind reports
before landing. However being used to the attention to detail required of
the taildragger the landing was a non event. No bouncing, no floating, and
no skidding. Though the wind almost whipped the  door off when I unlatched
it to get out.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa, AZ