Re: Mono wheel 912s cooling problem

Subject: Re: Mono wheel 912s cooling problem
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 20:13:44
The success of the cooling systems on Europas seems to be somewhat
variable. Alot either overheat or can't sustain a prolonged climb without
temperatures red-lining. Others are okay. There must be  pattern to this,
but I don't know what it is; although the detail of the base of the
firewall varies alot from build to build and is an area that makes a
difference to cooling. There's more opportunity on the trigear to improve
this (and more still on the 'conventional' gear, but I'd better not go
there!)

Anyone any other observations?

Duncan McF

On Saturday, May 11, 2002 6:49 PM, BRYNALL@aol.com [SMTP:BRYNALL@aol.com]
wrote:
terrys@cisco.com
> writes:
>

> > On a hot day our mono-wheel XS with 912S cannot be run
> > on the ground more than 15 minutes or so without the risk
> > of boil over. I have heard that the tri-gear setup cools better.
> >

> This one surprises me! I have an identical set up. ie. 912s with an XS.
> Strangely my engine seems to run cool most of the time, and I have to put
> some blanking into the tunnel to get the temps above 80c.in the winter.
Even