mono vs tri gear

Subject: mono vs tri gear
From: DaveMiller@ca.cgugroup.com
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 15:56:25

Time for me to unlurk. I've wimped out and switched to a tri gear mid way
thru the build.
Main reasons, adjustable flaps, view over the nose while on the ground,
and much easier for friends or future partners to convert to.
Would be worth asking the factory what the current ratio of sales is for
the two models.
I'm just down the road a piece from Ferg, and while I respect his
opinion, I wouldn't still be renting a 30 year old 172 with 11,000 hours
on it if I was concerned about the engine failing.

A061