mystery picture

Subject: mystery picture
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:00:04
Folks -  while doing some housekeeping I've come across a picture I
can't identify. I suspect it's a Europa-related fitting of some sort
that someone has kindly sent me, but I can't figure out what it is or
who sent it to me. It appears to have arrived during December 2001 as
an e-mail attachment, and the filename is tf1.jpg. I don't think it
came via the Europa e-mail list - although there was discussion
around that time on gascolator fittings (inter alia), I can't relate
it to any of the recorded postings. It shows 3 apparently identical
metal fittings nicely photographed on a white background, oriented to
display different aspects. A roughly cubical block with some edges
chamfered has tapped holes of slightly different sizes on 2 adjacent
faces. On a 3rd face is a cylindrical part extending away somewhat
more than the dimension of the block itself, with the outside
diameter reduced from about half-way along, and a hollow plain bore,
larger than the threaded holes. No indication of scale, but the
threads make me think it's probably quite small.

Anyone recognise this? No need to bother everyone on the forum if I'm
the only only bozo who doesn't know what it is - just e-mail direct
to me at the address below.

regards

Rowland