Re: Runway length

Subject: Re: Runway length
From: Paul Atkinson <Paul.Atkinson321@btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:32:54
Just to complicate matters even more, hedges have an annoying habit of
growing. Round my way the council cut theirs in the autumn. Thus a nominal
6ft hedge could be 10ft high by October.
As for TORA I agree that it is a more important consideration than TODA.
Most field boundaries are marked by some kind of obstacle and one should
plan to clear it by a safe margin.How big the margin is is down to the
individual. I would suggest that standard 50ft is a bit excessive for our
purposes particularly if a safety factor is added to it for calculating
runway length

Paul Atkinson
 paul.atkinson321@btopenworld.com