Problems ?

Subject: Problems ?
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 20:48:00
 Hi John,

<<<Can anyone tell me what comes with the Rotax 912S ? Do the screened
mag cables come with it ? >>>
My 912S came with short mag cables, ~ 6 in. long with push connectors.
I happened to have some 2 conductor shielded wire, the type used for
intercom wiring, I just connected the 2 conductors as a common. It works
fine. Ground the screen at both ends as recommended.

<<<Do the screened alternator cables come with it ? >>>
The alternator output cables are long enough to reach the regulator if
this is located on or near the firewall.

<<<Do the temp/pressure sender cables come with it ? >>>
No, just use normal aircraft wire to the instruments.

<<<What about the cables to the RPM gauge ? >>>
There is a cable (~ 18 in. long) on the engine with a push connector.
---From there to the panel will be your wiring, milspec will work fine.

Cheers, John