Re: pitot/static lines

Subject: Re: pitot/static lines
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:53:19
Peter, As you are only 5 away from my kit number I guess the same solution
should apply to both of us. The pitot/static head is fitted under the wing
in the preformed recess. It has two elements: the open ended tube which is
the pitot and the tube with a black plastic bullet in its end with lateral
small holes in it which is the static. You bring the supplied plastic line
back from both through holes in the ribs (whose positioning is described in
my manual) out through the wing root to terminate in quick release
connectors (supplied). Corresponding connectorsare attached to lines running
through the fuselage side to route back to the panel. The routing of these
lines was the only thing not described in the manual. I drilled two holes in
the horizontal surface just outboard of the head rest and threaded a wire
down each to emerge at the wing root hole in the fuselage side and then used
this wire to guide the poly tube through the two holes, repeating for the
second tube. You can route these tubes forwards neatly under the door sill,
possibly making a tunnel for them through the front lift pin strengthening
bit if you haven't made that yet. Give me a ring if still unclear. David
Joyce 402