customs & VAT [was: Position lights ...]

Subject: customs & VAT [was: Position lights ...]
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:01:34

>you would have to add VAT if you are
>going to keep the UK Customs man happy. If you do this make sure you have
>an enduser certificate

Has anyone building in UK been successful in getting one of these
end-user certificates? (I gues Nigel must have one.) I applied for
one a while back but have had no response from the Customs people. I
was using the forms and procedure recommended by the folk at Aircraft
Spruce UK office, so I thought they might know what worked. I haven't
chased it up, as I've not had to make any serious purchases from
overseas (yet!), but Nigel's mention of it prompts me to think I
should get it sorted.

regards

Rowland