Re: Cockpit Module

Subject: Re: Cockpit Module
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:42:38

>> So Tony, I have some CM trimmings to us as straps, but if I glue em
to the bottom of the module they will add a bit of thickness locally? I
cant see where else a strap might be glued on and work. Thanks to all,
Kevin

You'll find that the gap wants to expand rather than contract so all you
need is straps that can take tension.

If you make the straps out of three layers of bid, bond them with resin
and peel ply the bond area you'll find that the thickness added is
minimal. Don't forget to remove the peel ply before bonding the module
in place. Any small gap will be taken up with the jolly green gunge.

Tony