Re: Stall strips

Subject: Re: Stall strips
From: Peter van Schoonhoven <pvans@pacifier.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 05:07:25
Decoupling the flaps from the gear would be an improvement in my view, but
it is hard to do since the flaps drive the outriggers. That complicates the
new linkages required.

On another note, I have always liked the monowheel gear arrangement because
it is unusual.  But I had seen it somewhere before but could not put my
finger on where else this design has been used other than gliders. Then I
remembered. The U-2 spyplane uses the same design. We are in good company.
And if only we would start calling them Lear Jet engines rather than Rotax,
( both made by Bombardier), then the Europa would cultivate an enhanced image!

From: "Terry Seaver" <terrys@cisco.com>