RE: XS wing construction

Subject: RE: XS wing construction
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:53:58
Hi Mike, I too had one (stbd) bellcrank  too close to the spar to allow the
lateral pushrod enough room even after enlarging the rib hole toward the
spar. So I made a plate out of alum and that fixed it. The plate was cut
just a mm or so larger than the footprint of the bellcrank base, drilled
some lightening holes after the stud holes. The thickness I used still left
three threads showing on studs. I called Jim Thursby and he said thats
fine, hes even used just washers on the studs. I have not gotten to fitting
flaps yet
                                         Hang in there, Kevin Klinefelter
                                                               A211,  Bishop
CA