Re: XS wing construction

Subject: Re: XS wing construction
From: JW <xs191@home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:22:57
Hello all.

    I have to believe there have been significant, or perhaps great
improvements since Rob had his experiences.  I very much appreciate the
trails earlier builders have blazed.  It would be horrible if Europa did
not learn from you all and adjust accordingly.
    My kit is A191.  At least as far as the starboard wing is concerned,
I have not experienced any of the problems mentioned in this thread.
Some minor trimming has been necessary on the outboard ends of both the
aileron and flap, but that's about it.  I've added my port side wing
skin to the very short list of those who received one with a factory
build error.  It will be replaced.  Most everything else seems to fit
within the reasonable tolerance level I would expect from a kit of this
type.  By the way, they plan for an item in the next newsletter about
the port skin problem.
    I hope my experiences thus far are not unique, and that the rest of
my project goes as well.  Oops, I've probably tempted fate, or
completely doomed myself to perpetual failure by making that statement.
Oh well...  Enjoy the process everyone!

    Jeff
    A191

Rob Housman wrote:

> Welcome to the club, not the Europa Club, the club of hard knocks.
>
> etc..

< gratuitous snippage >

Best regards,

Rob Housman