Re: The Move

Subject: Re: The Move
From: ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 07:05:04
Hi! John.
So sorry to see you embroiled in this
problem,especially after the lots of work you
have put into it. I don't profess to know a blind
thing about all this but I have been subscribed
to Jabiru Engines Yahoo Group for some time now
and I'm not aware of it having caused me any
problems. YET? I would be sorry to loose some of
the major contributors perhaps they could
continue via yourself ? or is this a dumbo
suggestion?
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG

 Quoting John Cliff
<john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>:

> Obviously there has been a strong adverse
reaction to my proposed move
> to become a Yahoo group.
>
> The central issue seems to be the likelihhod of
the member address list
> being passed to third parties. The group itself
is
> closed-to-members, nobody else can post to it
and only text can be
> posted, no attachments.
>
> This (Avnet) List continues and will do so
until we ask Avnet to turn it
> off, which we are not about to do.
>
> Does anyone know of a better alternative ?
This should be free, allow
> restriction to text messages (to choke off
viruses) and
> preferably provide a member-accessible file
storage area and a usable
> administrator interface.
>
> Anyone who has not yet responded to the joining
invitation from Yahoo
> might like to suspend doing so for a day or
two.  I am the
> owner of Europa-Forum and could destroy it and
(ostensibly) its address

> The Europa List is supported by Aviators
Network UK - info@avnet.co.uk

This mail sent through UK Online webmail